The Southern dilemma

gun


If you kept track of last night's primaries you would notice it was a very close race for the front three separating each candidates in some counties in  Alabama and Mississippi by less than 100 votes in my humble opinion this is what I like to call the southern dilemma these two states are part of what we lovingly call the Bible Belt, this is where the majority of Southern Baptist, Methodist and Presbyterian call home, now don't get me wrong I love the South that's where I was born and raised in till I was 18 and moved to the West Coast.. The dilemma  these folks were facing was and is that the three front-runners in most of their minds are not true Christians, they were faced with a Mormon and two Catholics and in my humble opinion they probably thought to themselves well we had JFK and he was a Catholic and he wasn't too bad so let's pick the enemy we know and not the one we don't. In all honesty I am truly surprised that Ron Paul did not carry these two states his religious views are more in line with the Bible Belt than the other three.

I will begrudgingly give my congratulations to Rick Santorum for his wins I personally still don't believe that he will be nominee but that's just my opinion.


No comments: