Same song same dance

Same song same dance listing to the state of the union last night I got this feeling that I had heard this same song oh about a year ago. The only difference I heard was a few and I mean very blue notes and a lot more angry ones.
Let’s take the blue one first shall we. Obama said “Our administration has had some political setbacks this year, and some of them were deserved. But I wake up every day knowing that they are nothing compared to the setbacks that families all across this country have faced this year. And what keeps me going - what keeps me fighting - is that despite all these setbacks, that spirit of determination and optimism - that fundamental decency that has always been at the core of the American people - lives on.” Are we supposed to feel sorry Obama for the setbacks he has suffered at the hands of voters-and admire his resilience in the face of these misfortunes? I think not he is not a 2yr old. But he will carry on determined to ignore the voters' opinion. Just like a 2yr old will go back and try again after he/she is told No! and the votes with any hope will send him back to a time out .
Let’s take a look at the angry ones; It was a highly partisan speech one or two times he spoke of working together but then he went in for the kill with this to the Democrats “I would remind you that we still have the largest majority in decades, and the people expect us to solve some problems, not run for the hills.” In other words calling them wimps (I could add more color here but I won’t I will let you the read fill it in,).
The Republican leadership was next on the hit list with this little bomb “If the Republican leadership is going to insist that sixty votes in the Senate are required to do any business at all in this town, then the responsibility to govern is now yours as well. Just saying no to everything may be good short-term politics, but it's not leadership.”
And not the leave anyone out his next hit was for the Supreme Court Mr. Obama’s words were sharp, echoing his earlier criticism of the court’s decision last week in the Citizens United case to strike down the limits that the McCain-Feingold campaign finance law placed on independent political expenditures by corporations and unions. The decision would “open the floodgates for special interests — including foreign companies — to spend without limit in our elections,”( like he’s not already in bed with the unions) but one of the stood his ground at the state of the union , Justice Alito shook his head as if to rebut the president and mouth the words “not true.” I say good for you Justice Alito way to go don’t let him get away with calling you all out.
All in all what Mr. Obama is saying is I’m still pushing and I still don’t care what the people think.

No comments: