A 5% pay cut for Congress


A 5% pay cut for Congress! Could it be? well if it is up to Rep.Ann Kirpatrick,D –Ariz .
I will give her this it’s a good start, Did you all know what a current member of Congress makes well its $174,000, Not bad considering that most of the rest of the U.S workforce makes less then $50,000 .
    I think Ms. Kirpatrick is on the right trail but I’m thinking the pay cuts need to be more in the line of 50% which would bring their pay down to around $85,000 a year. Is this a fair pay I think so considering that most members of Congress are already part of the millionaire club or will be before they leave office
     Ms. Kirpatrickis catching on both Democrats and Republican have signed on to this 21 so far .if this pay cut happens it will be the first in77 years do I think they are doing this out of the kindness of their heart ? No I don’t I think they (Congress) are trying to save their own skin with a overall approval rating of 20%  Congress is grasping at straws for something to show us the votes that they are doing their part in hard times   

No comments: